PUPPY TRAINING & SOCIALIZATION CLASS
Train Them Young:
Puppy Class is for puppies 10 weeks to 6 months of age. (Exceptions may be made for small breeds but generally after six months they belong in the Basic Obedience Class.) In a perfect world, pups would start at 10-12 weeks old, with veterinary approval. Classes are held indoors in a clean environment making early socialization as safe as possible.
This seven week course focuses on socialization and basic obedience commands which lay the foundation for your pup to grow into a happy and well-behaved dog. It's also just a lot of fun! There will be short discussions on behavior issues but in-depth assistance is done through private training. Please click this link for info on private training.
- Online Training Videos
- Live Seminar - humans only
- Six Weekly Practice Sessions - one hour each week
- Puppy Playtime - 20 minutes of each practice session, in a safe, clean environment
- Socialization - exposure to people, dogs, objects, sounds, etc.
- Beginning Obedience Commands - Heel, Sit, Down, Come, Stay, Leave It
- Learning Theory - how dogs learn
- Intro To Training Collars (optional)
- Building Drive and Motivation - rewards and positive reinforcement
- Handling Skills - how to use physical touch and leash communication for guidance and correction
- Behavior Problem Solutions - short discussions only, may require private training
- How To Balance Multiple Training Techniques
- Introduction To Agility Obstacles
Your pup will learn to love learning!
Check the calendar to see when the next Puppy Class begins. If you have a puppy with behavior issues and you're not quite sure of the best course of action, visit the Dog Behavior Issues page or contact us directly.
If you are a new client, please fill out the Online Training Form.
Register for Puppy Class by clicking here.
Morgan Hill - Live Oak Vet: 16025 Vineyard Blvd. Morgan Hill, Ca. 95037
Gilroy, Ca. - Private Location
Before training begins, be sure to check out our online store for items that will help you succeed in the training process.